Thursday, October 2, 2008

A typical day in the LIfe of Lazy Mommy

I realize that in order to have an accurate account of my "success story" I must start at the beginning, or at least the point where I decided to do something about it. I am a 25 year old married mother of three children. We live in Des Moines, Iowa in a 1000 square foot two bedroom apartment.

Big Sister is five years old. She currently attends kindergarten at a local traditional school. There is no bussing to said school due to the fact that it is an optional school. Meaning anyone can send their kids there, but you have to drop them off and pick them up. This means that my day starts around 6:45 am. I get up, go potty, grab a soda and a cigarette and read the news on the computer.

If by 7:00 am big-sister is not up out of bed, I tell her to get up and go potty, wash her face, and brush her teeth. Usually around 7:15 I get up to help her find clothes, and to find myself clothes. By 7:30 we are out the door and headed to school. After making sure big sister sits down to a healthy nutritious breakfast (school provided) I head back home. Usually arriving around 8:30.

Upon arriving back home I make sure the other kids, little sister and brother have their breakfast and are entertained. Meaning I turn on PBS and give them pop-tarts. That's when I fire up the laptop. I have no less than five email accounts, I moderate a yahoo group, read craigslist, Google reader, surf myspace, the news, and play second life until a major meltdown occurs with little sister and brother, or until it's lunch time.

Lunch is usually something simple that I can microwave or just throw together. PB&J, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, or frozen pizza. While the kids eat, I'm usually back on the computer. Then it's a quick clean up, and the kids lay down for a nap. While they nap I surf the interwebs.

I leave the house at 2:15 to go get big sister from school. I get there around 2:30 in order to secure a good parking spot for a quick exit. Big sister and I get back home around 3:30 and it is big sisters duty to entertain her siblings while I play on the computer.

Sometime around 5:00 p.m. I usually start dinner. Our current favorites are Taco Salad, hamburger helper, and anything else quick and easy. Then it's another minor clean up of the kids, homework for big sister, maybe some TV, maybe a bath, and bed-time for the monkeys.

I usually stay up pretty late just surfing around the Internet, reading, playing games, and the like.

One may wonder, where on earth is previously mentioned husband? Husband is laid-off, so usually you can find him in bed, parked in front of the tube, out with friends or on the phone. On occasion husband does dishes, vacuums, cleans etc.

No comments: