Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Master Plan

So, I have devised a plan to help me become the domestic diva I want to be. A modern day June Cleaver if you will. To start things off, this all must be started in a new location. I simply cannot be the organized and domestic woman I wish to be in my current housing situation. Hubby Slacker, three children, and I all live in a 1000 sq ft 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment. This is simply not conducive to a clean and organized household.


So the plan begins with moving. And I have, (after many months of searching), found a more than adequate 1500 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house. It is a bit further away from my friends and family members than my current location, but it will be better.


For starters, brother will no longer be sharing a bedroom with the Hubby Slacker and I. This will be a big help to my own bedroom staying clean and organized. I will no longer have to share my dresser space with boy child, and I hopefully won’t have to keep the sisters clothing in my room. Hopefully having their own rooms upstairs (with their own bathroom) will teach them to better take care of their things. From toys to clothing, we go through a lot of things because the kids like to tear them apart or just like to be very very messy.


In another bonus to me, this house comes equipped with almost brand new appliances (including dish washer) and a washer and dryer in the basement. NO MORE LAUNDROMAT.

While preparing to move, I will go through every single thing in my household. No matter how big or how small, I will look at everything. I only want to take the clothes they wear and the toys they play with. I do not want to take a ton of junk that will sit in boxes for the next five years. The rule is going to be if we don’t currently use it, we won’t move it. Sorry for Hubby Slacker but his X-Box fits this bill. I have a feeling I know just where to dispose of it. I have some very awesome nephews that I am sure would love to have Hubby Slackers most unused toy.
I am sure there will be many a things that do not make the cut, even some of my things. I will not get rid of my sewing things, even though I do not currently use them. The only reason I do not use my sewing machine as often as I might like, besides my computer addiction, is lack of space. I do not have a sewing table, or even a dining room table to sew on. When I sew I must put my machine on the coffee table, and this just isn’t conducive to sewing. But many clothes, papers, and even some kitchen appliances will be finding new homes.


Everything will go to the new house carefully packed, and organized into specific rooms. I will be purchasing some new furniture, but I want to try to keep this to a minimum. It will be a lot more space than we are used to, but I have a very strong feeling (delusion) that everyone will adjust well. Hubby Slacker and I will have to get used to a 40 minute commute back to the city, big sister will have to get used to a new school, teacher, and a new set of friends, and the two smaller children will have to get used to having a house to play in with a great backyard, and a smaller safer town.


I will have to get used to not having everything a five minute drive from my house, to being more independent from my family, a new social order in a smaller town, and having three times the house to clean.


Even when I think about having three times as much space to keep clean and organized, twice as many bathrooms, and a whole new set of outside chores, mowing, raking, shoveling, I think the house we have found will be a perfect fit.


Out for now,

LazyMommy

No comments: