Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day one of limited connectivity

This has been my first day of my new rules for myself. I am not trying to change too many things at once, and the biggest issue I have is my computer addiction. This morning I got up and woke up big sister for school, and helped her get ready. I did not get on the Internet, didn't even read the newspaper online. I actually helped her put her clothes on, fixed her hair, and watched her brush her teeth. This is different than the previous mornings because usually I just wake her up, and tell her to get ready.

After taking big sister to school, I came home, sat down with the little monkeys and for the first time in MONTHS, they had cereal for breakfast. Not a single pop-tart in sight. After washing cereal bowls and spoons and a quick clean up of the kiddie table, we went to the living room to turn on cartoons. The little monkeys enjoyed Clifford and Sesame Street while mommy had her 1 hour of computer time.

After Sesame street was over we decided to read a book. Go figure we read a Clifford book. We all pitched in to pick up some toys, and then I vacuumed the house. Little sister decided she wanted pink-cracker soup for lunch. So I made pink-cracker soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. While the kids were eating I washed the pans for soup and grilled cheese and swept the kitchen floor. Then I used the Clorox wet mop to clean the soupie spills.

During nap-time I got back on the Internet. A quick check of my mail and frequent websites and that was it. I watched TV until it was time to get big sister from school. Woke up the kiddos and we were off. The little one's played on the school playground until their big sister came outside. We stopped at the grocery store for some spaghetti supplies and went home.

All the monkeys came into the kitchen to help me make spaghetti with meatballs, salad, and garlic bread. I cut up some pears and they had a snack while I got everything ready. Big sister and little sister helped mix the ingredients for meatballs while super boy picked up all the little tiny things off the floor, tortured the dog, stood on the table, etc.

After the meatballs were cooking I cut the loaf of french bread and buttered it. I also filled up the pot for spaghetti with water and started the pan with the sauce. I opened all the little cans and the sisters took turns pouring in ingredients, then they sprinkled the garlic powder on the bread. We took turns stirring the pans and checking on the meatballs.

Dinner was FABULOUS!!! The kids really liked eating something they helped create. It was very tasty and everyone ate until they were full. After dinner I washed the dishes (I NEVER DO THIS RIGHT AFTER DINNER), then put little sister and brother in the bathtub. Big sister takes showers by herself. After bath-time we sat down and watched TV with Hubby Slacker until it was bedtime. A bed-time snack and the little monkeys were off to dream land.

With the house clean, kids clean, and sleeping monkeys I opened back up the laptop. I was only online for about 20 minutes, then I went to take a shower, and went to bed super early.

It was a great day. I spent lots of time with the kids, they liked it and I loved it!

More another time!
LazyMommy

P.S. If you absolutely LOVE tomato Soup, but your little one's hate tomato's, I recommend changing the name of the soup to pink cracker soup. They love pink cracker soup, but if I slip up and say tomato I'm in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

No comments: